My youngest is turning 17 on Sunday and we went from small dinner on Sunday to two parties in one weekend and its Thursday and the first party is on Saturday and the second party is on Sunday.
There are two completely different guest lists, which total two different number of guests. Two different venues for the parties Yikes! What was I thinking to let this happen, but I’m am a party planner I can handle this and then I thought what a great blog post! Lol
What we did first was:
- Determine the two venues
- Who to invite to which party?
- Determine the decorations for both parties (colors are light blue and yellow)
- Menu for each party
Second, we began to organize each party.
- Finalize time and menu for each party
- Talley guest for each party
- Outline the day for each party
- Determine birthday girl outfits for both parties (VERY important) Lol
Third, we began to purchase, rent and borrow all the items we need for each party
- The Saturday party is outdoors, and we will need tents, table, chairs and coolers
- Allow PLENTY of time to purchase, borrow and rent, so that everything is not left for Saturday.
- The second party on Sunday is at a restaurant, the reservation is already made and all we have to do is show up….Yeah Everyone is purchasing their own meal, so the only expense is mine and my daughter’s meal.
Here are my tasks for the next few days:
Thursday,food shopping for the party on Saturday, finalize the guest list for both parties, outline Friday, Saturday and Sunday tasks.
Friday, pick up rentals for Saturday's party (tables, chairs, tents), it suppose to be a hot day...Yeah! Prepare potato salad, marinate meats, last of the grocery shopping for Saturday's menu, pick up mylar balloons these balloons last for 2-3 weeks if inflated the day you pick it up. HINT: always have your mylar balloons inflated the day you are purchasing them, what I have found out that going into a store and purchasing already inflated balloons don't last as long as long, because those pre-inflated balloons have been inflated for days and even weeks prior to your purchase.
My original plan was to purchase mylar balloons in advance so that I don't have to go Dollar Tree on Saturday to purchase balloons, however the birthday girls wants latex balloons too and these balloons only last 10 hours, so off to the party store I go, but I will be there AS SOON AS THEY OPEN, Saturday can be crazy at Dollar Tree, at least the one that I shop at.
Saturday, EARLY morning set up tents, tables and chairs outside, cook the last of the food for Saturday's menu, pickup birthday cake and latex balloons (latex balloons only last about 10 hours) I have a prior engagement at noon, that should be done by 2pm and then I will head to party site and put final decorations and party time.
It's after 5am as I post this to my blog and off to Super Walmart to purchase ribs, cool-aid, soda, pineapple juice (to make punch), hamburger and hot dog buns.
Have a great day....I will post party pictures next week.