For some reason I have be so fascinated by this marathon; I mean its 26 miles! Why would anyone want to do this? You also have the option of the half marathon (13 miles) and the 5k marathon (3 miles).
People train for months and even years to participate in this event. It seems like such a fun thing to do. The foundation for this marathon makes it fun to participate, they have tons of vendors, live stage with bands and free stuff too (for participants and non-participants) The Hartford Marathon has mostly runners, but there are hundreds of people who walk as well. I wanted to participate in the half marathon (13 miles), walking not running and at the time I use to walk 3-6 miles every day; so, I thought preparation would be easy.
The marathon course for the half marathon is beautiful and this year they made a major change to the course, and I was eager to try.
However, three weeks to the deadline to registered I really lost interest in participating in the Hartford Marathon. I think it was because I don’t walk as much as I did prior to the pandemic. I’m now walk half mile to 1 mile, two -three times a week, big difference!
Why am I telling you this (trust me I am going somewhere..Lol)
Planning is everything! You can do anything with a proper planning and execution; the key is plan how you will fulfill your plan. I know that sounds crazy, but it really, it’s not; it is being strategic.
If I had a solid plan for participating in the Hartford Marathon; I would not have gotten discourage; I would have followed the plan and fulfill a dream I have, had since 2015.
So, I have 1 whole year to prepare for next years’ marathon and here is how I am going to do.
I’m using my Living on Purpose Matrix Planner, which is a versatile planner that can be utilize for ANYTHING. It has what you need to organize your plans. It has over 100 pages (Hint: don’t print off all pages; view the planner and determine what you will need to set up your personal planner)
The Living on Purpose Matrix Planner has: daily, weekly, monthly calendars and it also has a financial worksheet, it has meal planner and goal setting and achieving worksheet and more.
I’m using this Planner to map out my game plan for participating in the Hartford Marathon for 2022; I have more than enough time to prepare.
Here is how I plan to participate in the Hartford Marathon in 2022!
I created reasonable plan:
- Using the monthly calendars, I added the Hartford Marathon to my 2022 calendar – It’s normally the 2nd Saturday of October, this may change review calendar for June 1, 2022, for final date – add both dates to my 2022 calendar
- Familiarize myself with the marathon, check the Hartford Marathon website, June 1, 2022, for any major changes. – add date to my calendar
- Mentally mindset to participate in the half marathon – task completed. March 1st, June 1st, August 1st – add these dates to the calendar for mental and health check.
- Create a daily, weekly, monthly plan (use the Living on purpose Matrix Planner)
In each of the of these planners document what I will do and the tasks it takes to complete and achieve this marathon goal. The tasks will go on monthly to do list.
Here is a snapshot of my planning and preparation for competing the Hartford Marathon for 2022.
- Add Hartford Marathon date and logo to my vision wall.
- Daily walk for 1 mile everyday (fall and winter) and 3 miles every day (spring and summer) Create a tracker and post to refrigerator so that I see it all the time. The calendar notes page is where I will create my tracker.
- Use daily walking also as a form of mental relaxation, exercise, creative therapy and not just for preparing for the marathon.
- Utilize the planner’s meal plan to create; to change my eating plan; to help me prepare for this marathon. I can create this new meal plan now or at the latest June 2022.
- Using the financial worksheet set aside $8 each month to pay for registration and/ or put on my monthly calendar the date to pay the full registration. Remember to note the early registration reduced price.
Next October the Hartford Marathon is happening again, and I will be ready. I am starting my planning process now.
1 year from now I will be completing my first marathon.
This is a simple plan to prepare for the Hartford Marathon next year.
You can utilize the Living on Purpose Matrix Planner for your home, business, school, and work.
Using this planner for business as a marketing planner, plan your promotions, plan your blog post, plan, and keep track monthly expenses.
Using this planner for work, schedule all your meeting, deadlines, strategies (which you can also use these tasks for business).
Get to planning today!