I am doing meal prep and final shopping this week;
Here are my Thanksgiving tasks for this week:
- Final check of Thanksgiving menu and ensure that I have all ingredients; I need for the meal.
- Final shopping after first checking out the Supermarkets sales flyer (so that I know of the items that are on sale in advance).
- Make sure I have all baking pans and food transport containers, so that I am not making last minute trip to the Dollar Store (DollarTree my preferred store). This will eliminate paying full price for an item I could have gotten for $1.
- Prepare sweet potato pie filling only and put in freezer so all I must do next week is defrost and add to pie crust (store bought pie crust – Pillsbury Ready Made Pie Crust taste just like homemade) 😉
- Turkey breast or whole chicken
- Pepperidge Farms cornbread stuffing (already purchased---yipee, where I live this can be very hard to find as you get closer to Thanksgiving)
- Mac and cheese (need to purchase more cheese as we get closer to Thanksgiving for some reason cheese does not last long in my house).
- Potato salad (just have to purchase potatoes only)
- Yams (already have)
- Collard greens (already have) – Glory collard greens are amazing
- Cranberry sauce
- Gravy (already have)
Dessert: Sweet potato pie and lemon cake (already have these ingredients)
And that’s it, it seems like a lot, but it will be cooked in small portions and by Saturdays all the leftovers will be gone.
I will be doing my cooking early Wednesday afternoon and done Wednesday night, so I can be well rested for Thursday, Thanksgiving Day.
That’s my plan for Thanksgiving dinner, what is your plan for this holiday, are you doing any final shopping this week, are you doing any cooking before Wednesday?
For a stress free Thanksgiving, get to planning NOW, you only have a week. things you must do:
- Review your plans for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Review your menu to make sure you have all your ingredients and do any shopping; before the week of Thanksgiving (stores will be crowded)
- Do as much food prep as early as possible to make it easy for when you actually do your cooking.
- Relax and enjoy Thanksgiving Day, and be on the look out for those Black Friday deals.
These plans will assist you in your Thanksgiving planning.
Pre-Black Friday Sale the Living on Purpose Matrix Planner on sale for 50% off the orginal price, click here for the sale price.