Valentine’s Day is Friday, February 14, 2020; and one of the most expensive holidays in the United States; but it’s a great day to show love to the one you love. Although I firmly believe that you should show love everyday this blog post will show how to have an expensive Valentine’s Day.
Disclaimer if your significant other is asking you to go out to dinner and asking you for specifics; please do your best to honor their request. If you can’t afford the request plan out how you can honor the request and after doing that you still can’t afford it; sit down and talk to your significant other and explain that you can’t afford the request and discuss alternative plans. Or surprise them with an alternative to what they original requested. The key is COMMUNICATION is key; you can always put in surprises but know the plan.
Decide on how much you are going to spend on this ONE day and keep in mind that this particular holiday is on purpose an expensive holiday; if you have the money then go all out. However, if you don’t have the money and want to have a special day and it don’t have to cost you a fortune.
Things to consider for this day: Feel free to add to the list
Location: Eat at home: The cheapest option for dinner (but can become expensive, if not planned properly) and prepare your meal in advance. Here are some tips for preparing dinner at home.
- Choose/decide on your menu in advance
- Buy food for the meal in advance
- Make sure it a meal that you both like (try not to spring on new menu items at this time; this could not turn out well)
- Decorate with what you have or shop at the Dollar Store (Dollar Tree is my favorite – not an affiliate) Although shopping at the dollar store can cost you a lot of money---they get you with the quantity; you go in wanting to spend $10 (10 items you will come out there spending double or triple times your original number) It is important to stick to your budget and write down what you need to purchase and stick to the amount you want to spend and don’t forget about the taxes (in states where applicable). Do all this in advance.
This can be a very elaborate dinner or something simple there are only two things to remember:
- You doing this out of love
- Remember to stay on budget 😊
Valentine’s Day one of the most expensive days of the year in the United States but show love to the one you love EVERYDAY!