With a global pandemic (COVID-19) happening the gathering of people is almost nonexistence.
Even during a Pandemic regular stuff are still happening and we want to celebrate, some types of events that we want to celebrate are:
- A milestone birthday (adult or child)
- Gender Reveal Party
- Baby Shower
We can still celebrate these events during a Pandemic by having a Virtual Party.
A Virtual Party happens in the home of the honoree and the guest are invited via the internet, using software like Zoom, Skype, Facebook, etc.
These software are normally free but may charge a fee for events that are over a particular amount of guest.
The Virtual Event will cost you some money but can be cheaper than in person party. These are some advantages to a virtual party:
- Less setup and clean up
- No need to hire a caterer or make food or organize Potluck Meal
- Virtual Party is no more than 2 hours (and that is a stretch)
Virtual Party is also cheaper for your guest as well and here is why:
- No need to travel (far or near)
- No need to purchase or figure out what you are to wear for the party (unless it is a theme party)
- Gifts can be ordered online and sent to the honoree’s home. Most stores have this option available on their website, no need to go to the actual store and post office to send gift.
- No need to make food for the Potluck meal
So, there is some advantages to a Virtual Party. The disadvantage is that you will not see your guests in person.
Virtual Parties can be fun and exciting events, and everything is done online, be sure to test out the virtual software before the actual event to ensure you are working the software properly. You can ask no more than 2 – 5 people to assist you in preparing. This will ensure that everything will run smoothly on the day of the event.
These people that assist you can also give you some feedback on what you should and should not do for the event. Of course, you will have the last say so on what your party will look like, but it always helpful to have help in planning a party even if it is virtually.
Here are steps to planning a virtual party:
1) Decided on date
2) Decide which stores you want to register for your gifts
3) Pick a virtual software Zoom is free for 40 minutes and up to 100 people and it is the cheapest if you go over the 40 minutes. Plan for at least 1 ½ hours minimum to give everybody time to come on in the virtual party and to chat with everyone during the party.
4) Decide how you view your guest for your virtual party. A laptop will do; but please note the bigger the screen the better viewing.
5) Send invites via text, email, or regular mail. It is best to send out at a minimum 1 month in advance especially if you are sending snail mail (regular mail). Included in the invite let everyone know where you are registered for gifts, Amazon, Target, Walmart, or any other store. Have the gifts sent to your home; so that you can open them during the virtual party. Also, sign up for Cashapp or PayPal, so that your guest can send you money electronically as well. Since this is a Virtual Party this is totally acceptable. Be sure include your User ID in the invite so that your guest will know where to send the money.
6) Send reminders; be sure to send cute reminders to your guest a week before the party.
7) Decide what you want your Virtual Party to look like:
Set up (theme, decorations – decorate the area where you will view the virtual party only. No need to decorate any other area)
- Prizes (if any)
Games and Prizes
**A fun game for any event is “What’s in Your House”, and here is how it’s played:
- Make list of items; it can be household items or gag items or rare item that would be in a home.
- Ask your guest if they have the item you call out and the first guest to have the item wins.
- You call out each item one by one
- The guest who have the most wins a prize
**Inexpensive prizes are Gift Cards (Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, VISA) you can send these vis United States Postal Service.
9) Thank You Cards – be sure to send thank you notes to all you guests. This is where you can get created such as send an electronic thank you (text or email) or regular email, this is the less expensive method.
However, if you want to send a Thank You Gift via the mail; BlockParty Services is offering a special price for this blog post only; the Candy and Confetti Mailer make excellent Thank You Gifts. These are candy and confetti come with a Thank You card and sent via USPS and mailed in a Glamour Royal Blue Foil envelope. Your guest will be so surprised to receive these in the mail and they are elegant too.
To obtain the discounted price the order has to be placed through this link here and the only available card is the Thank You card; all others must be ordered through the regular link and at the regular price.
The BlockParty Services Gift In A Box are awesome Thank You Gifts as well, however if you order 5 or more send us and email email@example.com and we will send you a link for a discounted price. Also it must be a Thank You Gift for the discounted price all others can be ordered via the regular link at the regular price.
The Virtual Party is an awesome way to celebrate any occasion; you decided the event and how you want it to look.
If want to have an in person event I did a blog post a few weeks ago; it talks about inside and outside events during a Pandemic and you can view it here.
Whatever event you plan virtual or in person may it be fun and memorable!