Know that God's got our back in this situation.
Focus on these scriptures:
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 - If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind!
- Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
PLEASE READ AND DECLARE PSALM 91! (click to view)
Please don't be on Social Media for long periods of time; this can mess your mind up just as much as watching the news. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is all over social media, it is the main topic of everything.
Try these instead on watching the news or being on social media:
- Binge watch your favorite tv show or binge watch a show that you have always wanted to watch and never had the time. I'm currently catching up on Jack Ryan.
- Cook a big meal; normally you won't have the time to cook a large a meal; dinner had to be quick and easy. Go to foodnetwork.com, bettycrocker.com
- Make a delicious dessert from scratch; if a pie may the crust from scratch, if it’s a cake make the cake and frosting from scratch.
- One day at a time clean and organize each room in your home. Don't try to do it all in one day (even if you can) pace yourself and in between take long breaks. Remember you have plenty of time to do this. Don't forget to involve the kids.
- Read a book either a hardcopy book or a digital book.
- Organize the files on your computer; I started this and it took me almost two hours to organize my "Download Folder" on my laptop. I also did a computer back of all my files.
- Have the kids color a page from a coloring book and frame it and hang it up somewhere in your home.
- Take a online course (free or paid).
- Exercise and/or do Yoga
- Paint a room or rooms; do home improvements and repairs that need to be done in your house.
- Do some research on a particular topic that you wanted more information about.
- Organize your closet (don't forget to get the kids involve, they can organize their own closet). My daughter did hers and she change it from a closet and into an office….Lol She then rearranged her room to accommodate the change in closet.
- Play a lengthy family game such as: Apples to Apples hilarious game; Uno, Scrabble and Monopoly always fun and creative, can you think of any other games?
- Fix that electronic that needed a little tweaking (only work on it based on your ability).
- Create some Arts and Crafts for Kids and the entire Family, check them out here.
- Plan your next event use all the free printable on our website.
- Make plans for what you will be doing once this self quarantine is over; purchase your planner here.
Please know WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS; trust God in this situation. Refer to the scriptures at the beginning of this post. Take time for 5 minutes to meditate and focus on one or all of the scriptures listed above and by all means do not panic.